last night i was sorting through the huge box 'o yarn i told you about. i filled a trash bag with the red heart super savers and lion brand homespun, destined for the thrift store donation bin. and i kept some of the others - the jiffy and wool ease and comfort. my nose started itching.
and then i sat down with a crochet book i found at the library and a skein of my new yarn, and within minutes i was a mess. sneezing, coughing, my eye swelled up so big and was itching/stinging. i felt wheezy and strange.
i woke up my husband, who was irritated and wasn't very nice about it. he told me to go to bed.
*as if i could sleep when i'm obviously going blind.*
anyways. then he got fully awake and asked if i wanted to go to the hospital (this was when i was coughing uncontrollably and wheezing between hacks.) eventually it subsided, and i woke up this morning with my eye glued shut.
it's not much better now, you can see it's still swollen a bit. so, ladies, my question is this - what happened? am i allergic to yarn? i could understand if this was wool - i know that i can't work with wool yarn, but i thought acrylic was hypoallergenic or something. i googled it and of course the first entry was about a lady who knit a prayer shawl from homespun, which put the recipient in the hospital with a severe allergic reaction. never ask dr. google questions at 10pm. he's all doom and despair.