Tuesday, May 3, 2011
i started by spray painting the outsides red. but guess what! after two quick coats it was obvious that i didn't have that kind of patience! so i said good enough, maybe i can throw some stickers on it to hide the words. and then, when i went to punch holes in the can, i found that the words are on a thin piece of plastic, which peels off fairly easily. so you could, i suppose, peel them off and leave it silver. or paint it. whatev.
i also found out that the cans aren't that sturdy. i used a nail and hammer to punch the holes, and dented the can a bit. so a drill might be better. again, whatev.
then i threaded them with some clothesline rope from the dollar store. red and white cuteness, snip snip, tied a knot and we were in business.